Monday, August 29, 2011

Aiden said WHAT?!

My little boy’s vocabulary is really starting to blossom.  He really was a bit late to start talking.  At his 18 month well baby appointment they used words like “Early Intervention” and “speech therapy”… However, he has really started to talk more and more and seems to be saying something new everyday.

He really enjoys counting… most of the time he can make it all the way to ten! He is so proud of himself afterwards.. and we are too! I was so amazed the first time I heard a string of numbers come from that little mouth!

He’s also gotten much better with names, please and thank you, and really any everyday item he uses on a regular basis.  However, this weekend, he added a couple phrases that made me stop and say.. “My baby said WHAT?”

I've been wondering if Aiden was ready to potty train for a while now because he almost always stays dry at night and during naptime, but he hadn’t been telling me he was wet or dirty, so I figured we still had a while.. Well, Aiden has started letting me know..

“Momma, I STINK!”

“You what, baby?” “I STINK!” and almost every time he has dirtied his diaper. And ya know.. he DID stink!!

Today, we started with an even “better” phrase… Aiden was playing in his room and he loudly.. well… passes gas.  I looked over and said “Aiden?!” He then giggled and said “I pooted!”.  He did this once more tonight.. so I guess it’s a permanent addition to the vocabulary.. I wonder where he could have learned this.. (thanks, Tal)

I love my funny little guy.. He keeps me laughing on a daily basis!

0 comments:

Post a Comment